Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates > Essential Student Services
CSN is operating remotely but we’re still here for you. Reach out to us online or by video, phone or email.
Emergency Fund/Student Life and Leadership Development - The CSN Student Emergency Fund has been set up to assist students with unexpected emergencies that could jeopardize their academic success. The fund awards up to $250. Please visit our webpage at www.csn.edu/student-life to find out more information or email the Director of Student Life and Leadership Development, Brian Akins.
Staff are available to assist students with academic advising questions through the following avenues:
- Email - Students can email the Advising Team and a team member will reply during normal business hours Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Remote Appointments - On Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. – staff available for one-hour remote appointments. Students can schedule appointments in MyCoyotePLAN. When selecting location, please select the appointment type that will accommodate your needs.
- Express Advising via email - On Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. staff will host Express Advising through email where students can get assistance with minor questions, for example “How can I change my major?” “Where can I find my degree sheet?”
CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services
Offering counseling sessions by phone to currently enrolled students who have completed the CAPS intake process and have signed the consent forms. Call 702-651-5518 or email to schedule a phone appointment with a service provider.
- If you are experiencing an EMERGENCY please call 911.
Additional external assistance available through the following helplines:
- Suicide Prevention: 877-885-4673
- Rape Crisis: 702-366-1640
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 from anywhere in the United States, anytime about any type of crisis.
Career and Transfer Services
Available to support and assist students with career exploration questions, career assessments, and resume assistance. Students interested in completing the TypeFocus Career Assessment or search jobs on CareerLink, please log onto our webpage at www.csn.edu/cats and click the “Career Tools” link. Students may also email questions to Charleston Career Services.
Staff available via email to answer questions and concerns.
Help answer general questions, address challenges, connect you to resources, help you prepare academic suspension and financial aid appeals, and discuss E-Alert referrals from instructors. Schedule a phone or online appointment through MyCoyotePLAN. To send email a particular counselor, go to https://www.csn.edu/academic-counseling, scroll down to the “Meet the Counselors” section and click on the envelope icon below the counselor’s name.
Disability Resource Center - DRC
Students with disabilities, please go online for information regarding submission of documentation at http://apps.csn.edu/DRCRegistration. For questions regarding services:
- Call (702) 651-4448 or
- VP at (702) 475-4676 with questions regarding services
Online information for students at www.csn.edu/excess-credit-information. Staff are available by emailing the Excess Credit team. When emailing, please include your name, NSHE student ID number and question to help us serve you better.
Financial aid staff is available by email and by phone during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 702-651-4303. Some of your questions may be answered in our online FAQs.
Please note the Financial Aid Office only corresponds with students via the CSN-issued email. To better assist you, please include your NSHE ID (student ID) in the body of your email.
You may submit documents for verification though our Verification Gateway Portal for 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 at https://www.csn.edu/verification-gateway-inceptia.
If you have specific questions for certain types of aid, please use the emails listed below:
- Email on Scholarships
- Email on College Work Study
- Email on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeals
- Email on Loan Inquiries
First Year Experience (FYE)
The FYE Team is available to answer new student questions, assist with new student orientation, connect to CSN resources, navigate the remainder of the first year and link them to our Coyote Concierges and Peer Leaders as a voice of support and guidance. Stay connected to FYE through email, on IG at fye.csn and Twitter at @FYECSN1 – we are here to help!
Advisers continue to assist international students Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. by phone at 702-651-5820 or 702-651-5842 or you can email the Advising Team.
Online books, articles, films, citation guides and other resources for completing research assignments are available 24/7 at https://library.csn.edu/. Librarians are available to assist students immediately via chat or text at https://library.csn.edu/ask from Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Email assistance is also available.
Office of the Registrar
To find the best “Contact Us” email link about residency, graduation, transfer credit evaluation, declaration of major, appeals, or general questions go to https:// www.csn.edu/admissions. The appropriate representative will respond to you by email. Emails received after 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday will receive a reply the next business day. Please note that FERPA guidelines apply, therefore, only limited student account information will be provided electronically.
Recruitment and College Connections
Recruiters take appointments and questions via email and online chat. To schedule a virtual appointment or chat, please submit a Contact Us Request form. A team member will contact you to assist You may also visit www.csn.edu/apply to explore CSN’s programs and apply for our upcoming summer or fall terms.
Stay Connected with your Peers and Campus Life
COYOTE FIRESIDE CHAT – go live on IG with @ASCSNHENDERSON, @ASCSNNLV, and @ASCSNCHARLESTON, for the first of many Coyote Fireside Chats!!
The following essential services are available online:
- Campus-based Accuplacer Math, English, and Reading Placement Tests & Academic Exams - the Testing Center is working with Distance Education, to utilize a virtual 3rd party proctoring company to ensure that students could take their placement tests and academic exams at a place of their choice online. Instructions will be communicated to all staff, current, and prospective students as soon as arrangements are made.
- Remote Testing - remote testing services will continue to be available for students to test at the approved locations. Visit https://www.csn.edu/non-csn-testing
- Request for Duplicate Accuplacer Scores - students can request their scores online through the Testing Center website.
- Application for Duplicate Accuplacer Scores: https://www.csn.edu/clep-dantes
- Alternative Placement: waivers for alternative placements, like SAT and ACT results, will be serviced online. Students need to scan and email their results to any of the three campuses' email addresses listed below.
- TEAS Exams - TEAS exams scheduled for March and April 2020 have been tentatively rescheduled for May. The Testing Center will work with student examinees, 3rd party vendors, and faculty to explore virtual proctoring services if the COVID-19 guidelines persist beyond May 2020.
Testing Center Email Addresses:
- Charleston Testing Center: (702) 651-5049 or (702) 651-5611
- North Las Vegas Testing Center: (702) 651-4267
- Henderson Testing Center: (702) 651-3547
- Voice Message: (702) 651-7345
TRIO Student Support Services
Staff are available to help participants select coursework for upcoming summer and fall terms, guide students through challenges brought on by the temporary switch to remote instruction, ensure adherence to Academic and Career Plans (IACP), meet upcoming four-year college and scholarship application deadlines, and refer students to critical CSN and community resources. Reach your TRIO specialist by phone 702-651-4441 or email TRIO.
Tutoring/Centers for Academic Success (CAS)
Staff are available to answer students’ questions by phone or to connect them with available resources. Phone hours Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Henderson 702-651-3125
- North Las Vegas 702-651-4232
- Charleston 702-651-5732
As services have become remote, students are encouraged to use Smarthinking, available 24/7. Subject catalog: www.pearson.com/us/higher-education/subject-catalog.html
Staff available via email to assist and provide guidance Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please email your questions. Messages sent after 4 p.m. will receive a reply the next business day.
- The VETS office is also working with VA representatives to determine possible impact to VA beneficiaries. Staff is available to answer questions via email during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- You may also contact the VA Education Call Center at 1-888-442-4551, Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m., or follow them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gibillEducation/.