Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates > Essential Student Services
CSN is operating remotely but we’re still here for you.
Reach out to us online or by video, phone or email.
Alternative scholarship for currently enrolled DACA status or undocumented students who graduated from high school, are pursuing a declared program of study and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Visit https://www.csn.edu/csn-alternative-scholarship.
Academic Advising offers two different ways to meet with an academic advisor:
- Scheduled Appointments: Appointments are available on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 8:30 AM - 4 PM. A scheduled appointment can be conducted by phone, Microsoft Teams, or WebEx. Appointments can be scheduled through MyCoyotePLAN.
- Virtual Express Advising (VEA): VEA requires no appointment and uses a first come, first served approach on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8:30 AM - 4 PM. These sessions will be conducted by phone only. Students who wish to meet with an advisor through VEA should check into the advising queue for any campus. When you reach the front of the queue, you will receive a phone call from an academic advisor.
Online orders - simplest way to get books for class.
August 24-September 4 – Open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday-Friday. Only 10 customers allowed in the store at a time and utilizing PPE for all in-person interactions.
Starting September 8 - Regular Store Hours – Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday-Friday. The Bookstore team will utilize PPE for all in-person interactions.
Assists with password resets, MyCSN navigation, student email access, GoCSN, account validation, and provides general support and guidance with general CSN questions.
Hours of Operation: 9 am to 7 pm, Monday through Friday
Contact- 702.651.5555 option #4.
Through Campus Life events you can CONNECT and ENGAGE with peers!
- Follow us on our Instagram Accounts @CSNCharleston, @CSNHenderson, @CSNNLV to stay up to date with all your CSN information and upcoming virtual events
- Give our NEW Facebook page a like, CSN Campus Life
- Save the Date for our Coyote Game Shows on the go! Join us for a LIVE Game Show Trivia Night with PRIZES! August 25th and August 28th @ 4 pm – to join go to http://triviastreamgameshow.com/csn - Event Sponsored by ASCSN
Campus Switchboard/Information Desk
Assists students, staff, faculty, and the community at large with general CSN questions and campus specific activities, events, emergencies, and general guidance.
Hours of Operation: 8am to 10pm, Monday through Friday
Charleston: 702.651.5000 Henderson: 702.651.3000 North Las Vegas: 702.651.4000
CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services) Offers services remotely Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Contact staff via phone or email (Contact Us) for intake process, answer questions and schedule appointments. Sessions held via Zoom.
- West Charleston: 702-651-5518
- Henderson: 702-651-3099
- North Las Vegas: 702-651-4099
If you are experiencing an EMERGENCY, please call 911.
Additional external assistance available 24/7 through the following helplines:
- Suicide Prevention- 877-885-4673
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline- 800-273-8255
- Disaster Distress Helpline- 800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs: 66745
- Rape Crisis- 702-366-1640
- Crisis Text Line- Text HOME or HELLO to 741741 anytime about any type of crisis
- National Alliance on Mental Health helpline- 800-950-6264
Career and Transfer Services
Available to support and assist students with career exploration questions, career assessments, and resume assistance. Students interested in completing the TypeFocus Career Assessment or search employment opportunities with a Specialist, please log onto our webpage at www.csn.edu/cats and click the “Career Tools” link. Students may also email questions to Charleston Career Services.
Centers for Academic Success (CAS)/Tutoring
Access online tutoring and learning support 24/7 through the Smarthinking platform inside CANVAS. Assistance includes help with learning strategies, reading, writing, math, science, speech presentations, as well as navigating Canvas, Smarthinking, and Microsoft Office. CAS tutors also provide support to study groups and assistance with placement test preparation.
For instruction on how to access Smarthinking in CANVAS go to Smarthinking Online Tutoring.
CSN’s own tutors and learning assistants are available through Smarthinking during the following operational hours only:
- Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To work with a CSN tutor in Smarthinking choose “Work with a Tutor or Career Coach” and then choose your subject of choice with “CSN” in the subject title.
For a video on how to access CSN CAS Tutors/Learning Assistants in Smarthinking click here
NO time for a live session? Choose “Submit a Question” and drop it off. A tutor will respond to you as soon as possible.
For further questions, or assistance using Smarthinking, call the Centers for Academic Success (CAS) during the above listed operational hours:
- Charleston Campus 702-651-5732
- North Las Vegas Campus 702-651-4232
- Henderson Campus 702-651-3125
For further details visit www.csn.edu/centers-academic-success
Counseling & Retention Services
Help answer general questions, address challenges, connect you to resources, help you prepare academic suspension and financial aid appeals, and discuss E-Alert referrals from instructors. Schedule a phone or online appointment through MyCoyotePLAN. To send email a particular counselor, go to CSN Counseling Page, scroll down to the “Meet the Counselors” section and click on the envelope icon below the counselor’s name.
COYOTE CUPBOARDS (Food Pantry) - Grab n go bag by appointment only between the hours of 9am to 3pm, on designated days by campus. COYOTE CUPBOARDS (Food Pantry) - Grab n go bag by appointment only between the hours of 9am to 3pm, on designated days by campus.
- NLV - Mon and Tues. Request appointment using the NLV Form here
- HEN - Tues. and Wed. Request appointment using the HEN Form here
- WCH – Wed. and Thurs. Request appointment using the WC Form here
Interested in making a donation to the Coyote Cupboard? - The Coyote Cupboards on all three campuses currently accept donations for the following hygiene products: Toilet paper, Wipes, Laundry Detergent, Shampoo, Conditioner, Lotion, Soap.
Donation drop-offs without appointment take place Monday through Thursday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. at each Student Union.
For donation related questions or to make a drop-off appointment at the Charleston campus Union, please email Juanita Sowell, Campus Life Charleston AAIII, at Contact Us.
For NLV donations and schedule information contact Shakira Chesebro at Contact Us.
For Henderson donations and schedule information contact Contact Us.
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Sat - Sun: Closed
C Building/Room CYC2652
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Sat - Sun: Closed
NLV Network/CISCO Lab: A Bldg/Rm 2726
Lab Hours: Mon-Thurs: 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm Fri - Sun: Closed
C Building/Room HNC115
Mon - Fri: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Sat - Sun: Closed
Disability Resource Center - DRC
Qualified students with disabilities may go online to www.csn.edu/drc for information regarding submission of documentation. You may submit documentation at http://apps.csn.edu/DRCRegistration For questions regarding services:
6375 W. Charleston Blvd.
Building D, Rm 116
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Phone - (702) 651-5644
Fax - (702) 651-5760
3200 E. Cheyenne Ave.
N. Las Vegas, NV 89030
Phone - (702) 651-4045
Fax - (702) 651-4179
700 College Drive
Henderson, NV 89002
Building B, Student Services Area
Phone - (702) 651-3795
Fax - (702) 651-3004
3200 E. Cheyenne Ave.
N. Las Vegas, NV 89030
Phone - (702) 651-4448
VP - (702) 475-4676
Fax - (702) 651-4583
Online information for students at www.csn.edu/excess-credit-information. Staff are available by emailing the Excess Credit team. When emailing, please include your name, NSHE student ID number and question to help us serve you better.
Financial Aid staff is available by email and by phone during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 702-651-4303. Please visit our FAQ page where you may find the answer to a question without any wait time.
Note: the Financial Aid Office only corresponds with students via the CSN-issued email. To better assist you, please include your NSHE ID (student ID) in the body of your email.
You may submit documents for verification though our Verification Gateway Portal for 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 at https://www.csn.edu/verification-gateway-inceptia. For specific questions for certain types of aid, please use the emails listed below:
- Email on Scholarships
- Email on College Work Study
- Email on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeals
- Email on Loan Inquiries
- Alternative Scholarship for currently enrolled DACA status or undocumented students who graduated from high school, are pursuing a declared program of study and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Visit https://www.csn.edu/csn-alternative-scholarship.
First Year Experience (FYE)
The FYE Team is available to answer new student questions, assist with new student orientation, connect students to CSN resources, and help them navigate their first year at CSN.
Through the FYE Students First Stations, you can link to our Coyote Concierges and Peer Leaders for support and guidance. Schedule a virtual meeting with the Students First Station by emailing the FYE Team at Contact Us. Students can also look for additional updates on the FYE webpage at: https://www.csn.edu/fye.
For information on other fall semester events and additional ways to stay in touch with the FYE Team, connect through email, on IG at fye.csn and Twitter at @FYECSN1. We are here to help!
Food Services/Dining – Culinart
Fall semester operating hours are Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We are pleased to offer mobile ordering with Boost. The Student Union coffee bars will offer a pre-packaged, grab and go menu, including:Fall semester operating hours are Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We are pleased to offer mobile ordering with Boost. The Student Union coffee bars will offer a pre-packaged, grab and go menu, including:
hot and iced beverages
bakery items and breakfast sandwiches
sandwiches and salads
personal pizza, grilled cheese and grilled ham & cheese sandwiches, tater tots, and cheese quesadilla
Catering offers a 100% pre-packaged food with a limited menu. For health and safety reason, Culinart has removed all self-serve and buffet style options.
Offers admission, academic advising, cultural adjustment, and immigration requirement services remotely.
- For admissions information please email us at Contact Us.
- For online/phone appointments or general questions, please call 702-651-7414 or 702-651-5820 during regular business hours:
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
You can also visit our website at https://www.csn.edu/ic-home.
- Online books, articles, films, citation guides and other resources for completing assignments are available 24/7 at https://library.csn.edu/.
- Help – Ask a Librarian - Help available via chat, email, and text message at library.csn.edu/ask. Schedule beginning August 24, 2020:
- Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. – 11p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Textbooks – Staff provides students some access to textbooks on reserve. Go to Ask a Librarian, (copyright parameters applicable).
Open Educational Resources – Usually free or low-cost resources openly available to faculty to share with students. Librarians ready to help faculty find high quality resource for future courses. Email Gracie McDonough.
Offers impactful programs and initiatives that provide opportunities for identity development, community engagement, and leadership cultivation to improve campus climate and increase retention. It works with all students to ensure they have a welcoming and meaningful experience at CSN. Major initiatives:
- The Spot: Your online portal in CANVAS to communicate with your fellow CSN students, gain resources, and engage in virtual events. To join The SPOT, fill out the sign up form.
- Multicultural Student Organizations: Getting and staying involved is one of the most important things you can do while in college. Join a student organization today.
- Events: We offer a variety of social, cultural and educational programs that affirm identities and create community.
- Empowerment Network Initiative: The Empowerment Network Initiative (ENI) is an identity-based cohort program that assists and empowers students during their journey at CSN. The program promotes mutual support in personal growth, professional development and academic success. Visit www.csn.edu/ENI for more information.
Office of the Registrar
Visit https:// www.csn.edu/admissions to select the corresponding “Contact Us” email link pertaining to question(s) about in-state residency, graduation, transfer credit evaluation, declaration of major, appeals, or for other general questions. A representative will respond by email during business hours Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Emails received after 4:30 p.m. will be answered the following business day. Please note that FERPA guidelines apply – limiting student account information that can be provided electronically.
Student Life & Leadership and the Associated Students for the College of Southern Nevada (ASCSN)/Student Government
For students looking to enhance their co-curricular college experience. Involvement opportunities include joining student clubs and organizations, CSN Serves, student government/ASCSN, and Student Leadership Book of The Semester. Visit www.csn.edu/student-life for more information or email the Director of Student Life and Leadership Development, Brian Akins.
Student Recruitment and College Connections
Recruiters take appointments and questions via email and online chat. To schedule a virtual appointment or chat, please submit a Contact Us Request form. A team member will contact. You may also visit www.csn.edu/apply to explore CSN’s programs and apply for admissions.
Tech for Going Remote pages – for help with email, GoCSN, and Big Blue Button.
Testing and Placement Center
Providing testing services in an online remote environment. For questions beyond the scope of services described below, please contacts us using the email and phone information listed at the end:
- Math and English Placement Tests
- Accuplacer English: Schedule a virtual appointment via the Testing Center website using RegisterBlast and take the placement remotely via WebEx Meeting Video Chat using an Internet-connected device with microphone. For details visit https://www.csn.edu/placement-testing.
- ALEKS Math PPL Placement Assessment: Register and take the placement test virtually using an Internet-connected personal computer with microphone. For details visit https://at.csn.edu/math-placement.
- Accuplacer Remote Placement Testing at Approved Accuplacer Network Sites – Able to administer remote placement testing if the student finds a willing network site. For details visit https://www.csn.edu/non-csn-testing
- Request for Duplicate Accuplacer Scores - Place the online request at https://www.csn.edu/clep-dantes.
Alternative Placement - Students using SAT and ACT tests scores to meet placement requirements, please scan and email test results to one of the following emails: Charleston Contact Us, North Las Vegas Contact Us or Henderson Contact Us.
ATI TEAS Exams. Schedule an appointment with CSN’s Testing Center and take the exam remotely with Proctorio using your own Internet-connected device. For details, visit https://www.csn.edu/CSN-testing#Nursing.
Chemistry Placement Test. Schedule a virtual appointment at any campus site using RegisterBlast. Take the test remotely via WebEx Meeting Video Chat using an Internet-connected personal computer with microphone. For details visit https://www.csn.edu/placement-testing.
CSN Academic Exams for Distance Education. Academic exams for Distance Education/online classes are currently handled by each respective department with CSN’s Office of Elearning
Outside Proctoring Services: Third Party Exams (GED, CLEP, DANTES/DSST, WOWI, SII&MBTI, CASTLE, and TYPING), including other colleges/universities distance/online learners have been suspended until further notice.
Testing Center Contact information.
Charleston Testing Center: Ph. (702) 651-5049 or (702) 651-5611; Email: Contact Us
North Las Vegas Testing Center: Ph. (702) 651-4267; Email: Contact Us
Henderson Testing Center: Ph. (702) 651-3547 Email: Contact Us
Messages will be returned within 24 hours or the next business day - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
TRIO Student Support Services
Staff available via phone 702-651-4441 or email TRIO to help participants select coursework, receive guidance and support due to remote instruction challenges, ensure adherence to Academic and Career Plans (IACP), meet upcoming four-year college and scholarship application deadlines, and refer students to critical CSN and community resources.
Staff is available to answer questions via email during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The VETS office is working with VA representatives to determine possible impact to VA beneficiaries.
- You may also contact the VA Education Call Center at 1-888-442-4551, Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m., or follow them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gibillEducation/