Deadline to apply February 28, 2020 to Contact Us. See application link below.
Scholarship recipients announced by March 30, 2020.
Hites Family/MGM Scholarship provides $8,000 over four semesters to complete your bachelor’s degree This endowed scholarship was established by the Hites Family and joined by MGM to encourage and support CSN students in pursuit of a four-year degree. In 2020, the scholarship fund will provide an $8,000 scholarship paid over four semesters in equal amounts. CSN students who are transferring in Fall 2020 to one of the following NSHE baccalaureate degree-granting institutions to complete their bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply.
- Great Basin College
- Nevada State College
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- University of Nevada Reno
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better at CSN.
- Applicant must have accumulated a minimum of 50 semester hours at the time of transferring to a baccalaureate-degree granting institution.
- Scholarship will be distributed when the recipient has been accepted and enrolled as a full-time student in one of the NSHE institutions listed above and pursuing their baccalaureate degree.
- During the first and second years of the scholarship award, the student must be classified as a full-time student and must maintain that status throughout the semester to be eligible for renewal.
- Students must maintain a 2.75-grade point average during the first semester of the first year and a 3.00 cumulative grade point average during each of the following semesters.