CulinArt Group is pleased to be the dining services provider at College of Southern Nevada. As a food-first company with a strong focus on health and wellness and first-rate customer service, we provide innovative dining programs and solutions to help students, faculty and staff eat and live well while on campus. We pride ourselves on the passion of our people, our commitment to nutritious meal preparation, our stringent sanitation and food safety programs, and our dedication to environmental stewardship. Food concepts and stations at CSN present fresh, flavorful and on-trend meal options. Look for easy-to-identify menu icons to help you make meal choices that are right for you.
STUDENT UNION CAFES
City Grill (open 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Breakfast sandwiches
- Made-to-order omelets and eggs
- Pancakes and French toast
- Chicken sandwiches and tenders
- Fries and onion rings
- Daily char-grilled specials
Upmarket Deli (open 10:30 AM – 4:00 PM)
- Variety of sandwiches and wraps made-fresh-daily
Global Flavor (open 10:30 AM – 2:00 PM)
- Chef’s featured entrees of the day
- Side dishes and accompaniments
Tuscan Bistro (open 10:30 AM – 2:00 PM)
- Fresh house-made pizza
- Grain Bowls
- Power Packs
- Fruit Cups and parfaits
Soup and Salad (open 10:30 AM – 4:00 PM)
- House-made soups
- Fresh and colorful salad bar
STARBUCKS BARISTA BARS
The Barista Bars at North Las Vegas, Henderson and Charleston are open Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM and Friday 7:30 AM – 3:00 PM.
- Hot and iced Starbucks® coffee and Teavana® tea, espresso beverages and Frappuccino® blended beverages
- Breakfast sandwiches
- Fresh baked breakfast pastries and bagels
Lunch and Dinner
- Power packs
Snacks and Beverages
- Fresh baked desserts and international pastry
- Packaged snacks
- Fresh fruit
- Assortment of bottled beverages
FOCUS ON WELLNESS
CulinArt encourages students and guests to maintain a healthy lifestyle− one that incorporates wholesome, balanced food choices, regular exercise, and an overall attention to living well. Students can eat and live well on campus with:
- Nutritious, delicious menu options
- Timely news and trends on our Eat Well blog
- Wellness Wednesday promotions and special menus
- Educational visits from our Registered Dietitian
- National Nutrition Month promotion geared toward healthy living
Our Eat Well from-scratch creations contain:
- Beneficial sources of fat including nuts, seeds and other plant sources
- Less than 10% of calories from saturated fat and 0 artificial trans-fat
- Less than 800mg of sodium per serving
- Less than 8g of added sugar, the equivalent of approximately 2 teaspoons
- At least 3g of dietary fiber per serving, with the exception of protein-based entrees and soups
Look for the Eat Well icon for food choices you can feel good about.
CulinArt Group provides tasteful solutions that meet your needs while helping to preserve the needs of future generations. We do this by:
- Featuring fresh, local, seasonal and organic produce when available.
- Menuing with sustainable, antibiotic/rBGH-free, cage-free items, when possible.
- Offering a robust plant-forward menu with a variety of meatless options daily.
- Rescuing imperfectly delicious produce and using it in our recipes.
- Promoting the use of bulk condiments vs. pcs.
- Recycling and composting in our kitchen and dining room.
- Implementing a food waste tracking and reduction program.
- Cleaning with environmentally-friendly products.
- Celebrating and promoting Stop Food Waste Day/Month activities.
We will continue to develop and deliver green dining initiatives that help support our environment.
CATERING AT CSN
Fresh, delicious food is a priority for CSN’s students, staff, and community groups. CSN’s on-campus food service provider, CulinArt Group, has developed a comprehensive catering menu to align with the diverse and exciting events taking place on the CSN campuses. You may select from an extensive predesigned menu or customize a catering menu specifically for your event.
With an emphasis on quality, freshness, and convenience, CSN Catering will elevate your event at an exceptional value! Order catering by phone, e-mail or with a quick online form. CulinArt Group offers options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, breaks and desserts, as well as receptions and custom orders.
Catering will work with you to create a menu that fits with your event and your budget. Once you contact Catering, they will create a user account for you in their system. From there, you can review and select your menu online. Please click here to see our Catering Menu
If you wish to customize or discuss, contact Catering Services or call the Café
- Catering needs 48 hours’ notice to prepare your order in most cases
- Purchases are available via P Card only
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the hours for the cafes?
The cafes are open Monday-Thursday, 8:30 AM-4:00 PM
What are the hours for the coffee bars?
The coffee bars are open Monday-Thursday, 7:30 AM-6:30 PM, and Friday, 7:30 AM-3:00 PM
Do all of our campuses offer the same menu?
Yes, the menu is designed to be similar at all campuses. Each campus however can modify offerings or close stations based upon feedback from the CSN community and student demand.
How can I give feedback about food service?
Each café has a comment box with cards that are collected and documented regularly. Catering orders will receive an email requesting feedback after each event. The feedback will be posted online and presented to CSN's governing bodies (ASCSN, Administrative Faculty Alliance, Classified Council and Faculty Senate). In addition, a Food Service Advisory Board is in development to start in the spring 2020 semester.
What do you offer for Vegetarians, Vegans, and those who eat Gluten-free?
Several items on the menu are either designed, or can be made as vegetarian and/or vegan. We cannot always guarantee the standard of “gluten-free”, because of cross-contamination risks. We can however coordinate ordering something to be “gluten-free” that is pre-packaged. If you have dietary restrictions or concerns, please contact a member of the food service staff; we can offer an alternative menu item.
What is the timeline needed for catering?
We recommend planning one week out, although we can usually work with 72 hours notice. This usually depends upon what you order and when you place the order. Rush charges may be applied in cases without 48 hours notice.
What information do you need to make a catering order?
You can select from the catering guide, or design your own order. To do so, you will need to provide:
- the date, time, campus and location of your event
- the number of attendees/guests overall
- the number of attendees/guests with dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free)
- the kind of meal you would like (i.e. boxed lunch, buffet, dessert)
- the budget per person or overall
How do I pay for catering?
CSN departments pay with the P-Card. Other credit cards can also be accepted. Unfortunately cash cannot be accepted.
Do I need a catering invoice or quote for my hosting form?
Yes, you should attach a copy of your catering invoice or quote with your hosting form. You will need this form for approval within your college, program or department.
Why is CSN (am I) required to use Catering?
Catering is a new and helpful part of building the food service program at CSN. The requirement to use catering helps ensure that CSN’s contact with CulinArt Group, Inc. is honored, and that business can grow for the campus. Catering works closely with Events to provide for all of your needs. When you book through Catering, you don’t have to worry about anything! We will take care of items such as tablecloths, utensils, set up and break down, plating and delivering, so that you can focus on your event!
How can I have an exception to the catering requirement?
In cases where an event has unique circumstances or needs consideration, you can request an exception to this policy. Exceptions are reviewed on a case by case basis, and tracked against the food service contract. Key circumstances for an exception include but are not limited to; the intended audience and anticipated attendance; if the event is private, requires registration, or is open to the public; the intended recipient of event proceeds and/or profits; if CulinArt Group, Inc. cannot offer the requested menu items, or cannot offer the service at the requested event day/time. Other considerations are given for CSN organizations holding a fundraiser. Please contact Jennifer Gray, Director of Auxiliary Services, or Rolando Mosqueda, Associate Vice President of Procurement & Auxiliary Services for more information on and consideration for an exception.
Why can't I take my extra food from a catering event?
All food has a "good zone" and a "danger zone" relating to temperature and bacteria growth. Once food is placed/set up for your catering event, the "good zone" clock starts. According to the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD), once food is set up it must be discarded within 4 hours. We adhere to this standard so we can guarantee food safety and avoid anyone becoming sick from eating food in the "danger zone". This helps us to prevent liability for both CulinArt Group and CSN.
Henderson Café: (702) 651-3647
North Las Vegas Café: (702) 651-2822
West Charleston Café: (702) 651-5234
Email: Catering Services